Friday, August 12, 2011

Heard John McEnroe saying this during a tennis match one time and couldnt agree more. Fans at golf and tennis events should be allowed to scream shit and say whatever they want, and not have to adhere to some bullshit code of silence. If I'm dropping hundreds of dollars to see Tiger shoot in the 80s or Rafael Nadals roided out arms blast 140mph serves the privilege of heckling is including in the price of admission. During, after, and before shots/putts. The argument that golf takes such concentration that complete silence is necessary is the most flawed argument I've ever heard. If I can drain clutch game winning free throws in my CYO basketball games with half a dozen rabid fans sitting in the stands like I did so often back in the day, then I think Rory McIlroy can hit a 3 foot putt with some background chatter coming from the stands. Granted there weren't millions of dollars on the line in my CYO basketball games. But my point stands. Basically, making a putt = making a free throw and serving a tennis ball = throwing a slider and hitting the outside corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment